“The problem is the belief that we can overcome disease and death with technology. Supplements are meant to augment food, not replace it. Science is meant to teach us about our world, not remove us from it. And food is meant to nourish us, not merely provide nutrients”.
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
So why would you ingest a dead protein supplement that adds sugar, chemicals and acid to your body, instead of a natural, non-processed,live, complete protein that supports your immune system, provides macro-nutrients and doesn’t create allergies?
Yields 15-22 bites depending on how big/thick you make them
- 1 cup Hemptons Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 4 Tablespoon Cacao powder
- 16 pitted dates (maybe more until you get the right consistency)*
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Syrup (or Honey)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt
- Coconut flakes / more cacao powder to roll the bites in
Preparation : 1 Hour before – soak dates in warm water – just cover them with water
Start by putting the Hulled Hemp Seed and the Cacao Powder in a blender or food processor to combine. Then add the dates in one by one until you get a “batter” that will stick together when you form it into balls. It will look a little crumbly, but that’s okay.
Add in the Agave, Vanilla and Salt and pulse until combined. Scoop out the mixture and roll in to little balls and put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Next, using 2 plates, put unsweetened coconut flakes in one and in the other, Cacao Powder. Roll half the balls in the coconut and half in the Cacao Powder and set back on the baking sheet.
Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer for about 30 minutes for the balls to firm up. Then store in the fridge .. and try not to eat all of them within a day!
These are dense, chocolaty little treats that have the texture of fudge cake and all the nutrition of hemp seeds – rolled into one!
- 1 cup packed fresh or frozen mixed greens of choice (spinach, kale, dandelion greens, mustard greens)
- ½ Frozen banana
- 1 Scoop Hemptons Protein Powder (approx. 32g)
- 1 Teaspoon Maca Root Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Hemptons Hulled Hemp Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon raw honey (to sweeten, optional)
- 1 Cup water
- 1/8 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum (optional – these will create a creamier, thicker consistency)
- Cinnamon and Cloves, to taste
Add all ingredients to a blender except. Blend on high until smooth. Add a little water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
Nutrition (for entire recipe): 267 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated), 70mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 31g carbs, 4g fiber, 14g sugar, 28g protein