Amaranth Hemp Protein Poppers
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds – pre-soaked overnight
- 1/4 Cup Raw Pecans – pre-soaked overnight
- 1/4 Cup Raw Almonds – pre-soaked overnight
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tablespoon good raw Maple Syrup or raw Honey
- 2 Medjool dates pitted - soaked
- 1/4 Cup Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Amaranth
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cardamom
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- Place the pre-soaked sunflower seeds, pecans, almonds and salt in the food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Don’t over-process, you want to maintain chunks of nuts.
- Place nut mix in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pop the Amaranth – See our Recipe for Popped Amaranth for instructions
- Once all your Amaranth is popped, place in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Now let’s create a sweet banana date paste to bind our poppers.
- In the blender, place banana, dates and maple syrup or honey and mix until smooth.
- Pour the paste into the large bowl with the nuts and mix well.
- Fold in your Shelled Hemp Seed.
- Using a small spoon, scoop your banana nut and hemp mixture into your popped amaranth. Coat your dollop with popped amaranth, roll in your hand until you have a fully coated ball.
- Continue until you have used all of your mixture and popped amaranth.
- Store your poppers in an airtight container in your refrigerator, freezer.
I suppose you can also use a popcorn air popper, but I haven’t tried that yet.