Amaranth Spice Cookies
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Amaranth Flour the batter should be spoonable
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 180 ˚C.
- Line a baking tray with oiled waxed baking paper.
- Add the olive oil and eggs - whisk together in a small ceramic bowl.
- Next add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the lemon zest and spices.
- Soft together the Amaranth Flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. You may need to repeat the sifting process a few times to blend everything well.
- Slowly add the sifted Amaranth Flour, baking soda and salt into the mixture.
- Using a table spoon, add the cookie dough on top of the parchment paper – do not make the cookiies too big.
- You will have 16 to 18 small cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove from the baking tray
- Place on a cooling rack.
- Place in an airtight container to store.
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/8 Teaspoon Cardamom
2 Teaspoons Ginger Powder