- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Oat Milk or other dairy-free milk
- 2 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛-¼ Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Thinly sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Spinach or Kale - chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley - chopped
- Salt And Pepper to Taste
- Vegan Parmesan or Mozzarella
- Add all omelet ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- To make filling, add butter to a sauté pan over a medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and increase heat to medium high, stirring frequently until cooked.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the spinach and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a separate 20 cm pan on a plate on the stove – over a medium heat.
- Add a dollop of coconut oil to the pan to grease.
- Once hot, add just enough omelet batter to cover the pan in a thin, even layer.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the top of the omelet looks mostly dry.
- You can use a spatula to take a peek at the bottom of the omelet – it's ready when it's slightly golden brown (see photos for visual guide).
- Add toppings to the omelet, top with cheese, avocado, etc, fold and transfer to a plate using a flexible spatula.
- Enjoy hot!
Depending on the thickness of the omelet/how long it's cooked for, it may crack when folded. To avoid this, we recommend using a very thin layer of batter and letting it cook until the bottom is golden brown. NUTRITION
Serving Size: 1 Omelet Calories: 384 Sugar: 5.3 g Sodium: 1411.5 mg Fat: 24.6 g Saturated Fat: 9.1 g Trans Fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 33.9 g Fiber: 7.9 g Protein: 9.1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg