Ghosty Beet Bites
- 1 Large Fully Cooked Beetroot
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar Honey or Maple Syrup also works
- 1/4 Cup Natural Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Shelled Hemp Seed
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt – or to taste
- Small plastic candy/pop baggies Cheesecloth, white fabric or gauze, butcher's twine, adhesive googley eyes
- Combine the beetroot, agave nectar (or honey/maple syrup) and almond butter in your food processor.
- Process for about 20 seconds, then scrape down the sides and process for another 10-20 seconds. You want everything to be smooth and fully combined.
- Add the shelled hemp seeds, almond flour, coconut, cacao powder and sea salt
- Process for 10 - 20 seconds, scrape down the sides and process another 10 - 20 seconds.
- Roll the batter into balls and insert sticks into the balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer for a few hours.
- Removed chilled pops from the fridge and place the chilled balls into small plastic candy/pop baggies.
- Tie a piece of cheese cloth, white fabric, or gauze around the stick, securing with some butcher’s twine.
- Affix some plastic googley eyes onto the “heads” of the ghosts and keep chilled until ready to eat.