- High-Speed Blender - that can take hot liquids
- 3/4 Cup Black Sesame Seeds Soaked In Warm Water For 30 Minutes
- 2 Pinches Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt divided
- 4 Cups Filtered Water
- 1 Medjool Date Pitted
- 1 Teaspoon Real Vanilla Extract optional
- 1-2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup or raw Honey optional
- Add the Black Sesame Seeds to a medium mixing bowl add one pinch of salt, then cover with warm water and allow to soak for 30 minutes – it improves digestibility.
- Drain and rinse the sesame seeds through a fine mesh strainer, then add to a high-speed blender along with filtered water, a pinch of salt, dates, vanilla (optional), and maple syrup/honey (optional). Blend on high for about 1-2 minutes.
- Strain contents of the blender through a nut milk bag into a bowl.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to a sealed glass jar.
- The milk will keep in the refrigerator 3-4 days and 1 month in the freezer.
- The leftover pulp can be frozen and added to smoothies, dehydrated and added to baked goods, or composted.
Vanilla and maple syrup (both optional) can also be added to further enhance the flavour and sweetness.